Monday 12 August 2013

Harrods 2013 Window Display

For my most recent design brief, I had to write a creative brief of my own and taylor it around my interests within Graphic Communication. Therefore I decided to design a window display for the store Harrods, as I have a vested interest within Visual Merchandising.

I quickly decided that I wanted the theme of the window display to be 'Woodland'. This was because of the recent trends that surround this theme, especially in the autumn/winter months. Trends such as: fur, autumnal colours, (rich oranges, purples, browns, reds and greens) woodland creatures, (foxes, owls) have all been used in the last year/s within the fields of fashion and homeware especially. Therefore I thought it would create the perfect basis for a beautiful festive display.

The 'Woodland' theme creates a sense of nostalgia and warmth, which is perfect when coming up to the Christmas period. I wanted to design a window display that was welcoming and friendly and one that people could relate to.




No comments:

Post a Comment